Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Patricia and the dead bolt

Well, let's just say this week is not starting off that well. I managed to stub my toe pretty bad chasing Elliot in the building on Sunday night. Monday the alarm didn't go off, we woke up around 9:30 and then I went to the doctor about my foot once I finally got to work. Universal health care here seems pretty easy. Got an x-ray immediately, no broken toe, and I only had to pay about 2 dollars total.

Ah, but what happened today you ask? I got ready to leave for work and couldn't unlock the door. I made the alarm go off twice and had to just wait for it to quit. Brian had to go to the foreign police early in the morning. He locked the door, including the dead bolt. Finally got a hold of our landlady only to find out if someone locks the dead bolt from the outside you cannot open it from the inside. WHY?????

She came over and unlocked the door for me. Future help - we have a 9 foot ladder in the house to escape out the window in case this happens again. Awesome.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

you must be really bored. tell brian i have nothing to say to him.

raj

Emily said...

That's hilarious! Jon locked me out of the house one time when I was out for a run but that doesn't hold a candle to being locked IN your house! You are doing a fabulous job with your blog. And you didn’t want to keep one ;)

The Cornelisons said...

Hey Patricia! I saw your blog on Leslie's site. I will keep up with your adventures in Prague. All the rest of us blog about our children, BORING! -Alisa

Unknown said...

hey bloggerz!!