Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Few Tidbits

I thought I would try out my new camera phone and take some pictures from this week. First up is about food. Most of you know that I love food and am willing to try just about anything, except stinky tofu. If you don't know what it is, be glad, if you do, you can understand why I couldn't try it. Oh the smell. Well, this week at our cafeteria at work they had a new soup I hadn't seen before. It didn't look amazing, but it did sound interesting, at least to me.


Pig blood soup, don't it look good? Let's just say it tasted only slightly better than it looked. That grainy looking black stuff is congealed blood. If you have had blood sausage, this would be the equivalent of blood sausage soup. If you didn't have to look at it or know what it was, it would probably taste a lot better.



I came across a new blog that seems pretty interesting. It is called 'happy mundane' and has random things posted on the blog. This past week it had instructions of how to make carrot flowers. So here was my first attempt at a simple craft that maybe even I could pull off: carrot flowers. Pretty easy, and puts a smile on my face.



This is the view from my office. There are 2 important parts of this picture.
1) I worked in a basement for 5 years in Chicago and now I have 6 windows and a view, pretty awesome.
2) This was the first snow in Prague, ok maybe second, but I was asleep the first time. If you look REAL hard those barely there white specs are snow (in the grass it's a little easier to see). The only good thing that comes out of winter, snow!

1 comment:

Gazell said...

In the Philippines, there's also a pig's blood dish. I personally don't like it...too much iron for may taste.