Monday, March 2, 2009

Krokonoše Ski Trip

I got a little behind on blogging, so I am having to back track for the month of February. At the beginning of February we took our first European ski trip to the Krokonoše Mountain Range. The range is the northern part of the national boundary that the Czech Republic shares with Poland. We went with Dáša's family and some of the same crew that we went wine tasting with last year. Turns out even though we don't speak Czech they don't mind us tagging along. It makes for an interesting time since all the kids could say was "Hello, my name is....". Little Lucká (we had two girls with the same name) was really cute and kept saying "Please" and "Thank you" the entire time to us because that was the only English she knew.



Here is a view of the mountains from the ski slopes. No sun makes for not-so-exciting pictures, sorry guys.


We stayed at this pension (kinda like a bed and breakfast) which was up a mountain and Franta proved that even though they require chains on the tires, he didn't need them. He just needed everyone out of the car and drove in reverse up the hills. Why did driving in reverse worked? Who knows.


The view from the pension was nice with even a little sun to help me out.


A nice action shot of big Lucká (Dáša's oldest girl) coming down the slopes. Imagine it is me minus my awkwardness coming down the hill.



Brian and big Lucká heading up on the lift having a snack.


A nice group shot before everyone left me on the baby hill to go do some real skiing. I think next year I will have to pony up for some more lessons and learn how to be a better skier than the average 5 year-old. L-R: Franta, me, Brian, big Lucká, Eliška hugging little Lucká


A welcome home from Prague - a sunset. Who knew the sun does come out in the winter here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Girl! Try the snow blades sometime; they are easy to control. Shorter skis are very similar to roller blading and water skiing.