Thursday, July 23, 2009

Overdue.....awesome!

My due date was on Monday, July 20. That day has come and gone and still no baby. Ah the joys of being late. Brian's mom is coming to see the baby (that isn't here) on Tuesday. Let's hope he tries to make an appearance before then, but I am slowly losing hope. I am getting all kinds of advice on how to start labor. I think the best one was pressure on the pinky toes. Let's just say that trying to tell him to come out isn't working either. So here I wait at home, and another doctor's visit is tomorrow. I don't get an appointment, I have to go early and sit with all these other pregnant women waiting to get fetal monitoring and then see the doctor. My average time for this? About 3-3.5 hours. Now that I am overdue I get to go every 3 days, oh the joys of life.

5 comments:

The Cornelisons said...

Oh the joys a baby brings! Will they not induce you at a certain point? I'm sorry he hasn't come yet. Our 1st needed a little bit of coaxing from the doctor in the form of drugs to come out. And I tried all the so called ways to cause it to start - none worked so don't listen to all the crazies telling you to eat spicy food, walk with one leg up on the sidewalk...etc.

Unknown said...

Induction talk is tomorrow. They induce here 10-12 days after your due date. Yeah I went for a mile walk tonight, didn't help.

Mollie said...

Well you know there is one thing you can do.....but I know that being BIG and VERY pregnant that is not really a first choice! LOL

I've been checking your blog and FB daily waiting to see baby news.

Cole Family said...

Still waiting with you! I was a week late with Caleb and it was a LONG wait! He probably would have stayed in there longer had I not been indused. I ate eggplant with Ariel and went into labor 6 days early. "They" say that it ripens your cervix?? Anyway, hang in there...still can't wait to see what little Riley is going to look like!! Love ya!

justmom said...

WHERE'S OUR BABY?!??
You know, this is just the beginning of his being stubborn.